The following listings have nationally certified Child Passanger Saftey Technicians on staff providing education and assisance with safety seat installation. Call the one of the listed numbers schedule your appointment. The Special KARS site is recommended, if your child has Special Needs.
Kettering Fire Department 937-296-2489
Moraine Fire Department 937-535-1002
Huber Heights Police Department 937-266-1565
Preble County Dept. of Health Mobile Fitting Station 937-456-8187
Wright Car Seat Fitting Station North Region 937-898-2261
Easter Seals of West Central Ohio KARS and Special KARS 937-461-4800 ext.301
Boosters Are For Big Kids!
By Dr. Sorauf
Most children between 4-8 need boosters. If your child is not riding in a booster, try this 5 - Step Test.
1. Does the child sit all the way back against the auto seat?
2. Do the child's knees bend comfortably at the edge of the auto seat?
3. Is the lap belt on the tops of the thighs?
4. Is the shoulder belt centered on the shoulder and chest?
5. Can the child stay seated like this for the whole trip?
If you answered "No" to any of these questions, your child needs a booster seat to ride safely in the car. Riding in a booster is more comfortable, too!